A few things that strike me about LA so far:
- It's hot (I mean really hot).
- Everyone is so happy! I'd say I'm quite cheery for London but by LA standards, I might even be considered mildly depressed. I love these people! They are now right up there with the Balinese, South Africans and Canadians - some of the most adorable people I've ever met. Excuse the wild generalisations.
- Despite the ginormous food portions (and excellent food at that!), everyone appears to be in great shape. Magical work of the fitness fairy.
- They do love their cars here. Big cars. Scary for a little pedestrian like me.
- UCLA's gym is bigger than the entirety of London Business School.
Leaving my husband for 3 months to go on exchange to UCLA Anderson is probably one of my more hair-brained ideas but you know what? Now that I'm all settled in, I get a good feeling about it...